Monday 21 November 2011

Cute button paperclip bookmarks

I recently bought some metal cover button kits and some giant paperclips. The cover buttons are metal buttons which can be covered with fabric. Dritz do a kit which comes with the plastic tool you need to make the buttons up. I used scraps from my stash and a small round circle of wadding to cover my buttons.



I then hot-glued them onto some giant paperclips which I found on etsy.



These make great little gifts. I have a few around the house - either as bookmarks or paperclips to hold my sheaf of bills together. They're a quick make and make good use of fabric scraps which might not be useful for anything else.

4 comments:

  1. These are just very cute. My button covering kit hasn't resurfaced post-move but it might be time to hunt for it as I could make a custom button for my next project rather than trying to find the right one in the shops. Thanks for the timely reminder!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! These are really cute. Now I know what to make for my Christmas calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had not used this type of cover buttons before. They are very easy to use. I had to remove the wire-back to make it easier for me to glue it onto the paperclip.

    Fiona - hope you find your kit.

    Thanks Halina! They would be great for your Christmas calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely these are!
    LM

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.