Sunday 22 August 2010

A wonderful surprise from a faraway land

I recently started corresponding with a fellow blogger named Clair. Clair, who blogs at Tea & Bickies lives in Victoria, Australia. She is funny, talented (you totally need to see her anime quilt – it’s awesome!) and so very generous.

When I saw Clair’s anime quilt on her blog, I asked her about the anime fabrics she used and where she might have gotten them from. I was only familiar with Alexander Henry’s Thunder Flower fabric - having bought some last year. Clair said that she had been collecting them for years and some were out of print.

Clair asked for my snail mail address and said she’d pop a few small bits into the post for me. It’s been crazy busy at work of late and I had completely forgotten about Clair’s offer until the postman left me a card one day to say that he’d try to deliver a package whilst I was out at work and it would not fit through my postbox so please could I collect it from the local sorting office.

I picked it up on my way to work the next day and opened it as soon as I got back to my car. Clair’s ‘few pieces’ turned out to be almost a dozen amazing pieces of fabric, a few cute metal zip pulls and a gorgeous purple dragonfly keyring. I was so surprised, so very touched and astonished by the generosity of this amazing woman whom I have not met in person and had only corresponded by email with.

Here’s what she sent me:



How cute are those Betty Boop pieces?! And check out these lovely ladies – I’m going incorporate these two pieces into a tote bag for myself.



And here are the anime print fabric pieces Clair sent me.





There was a piece of the Thunder Flower fabric in blue in there too which I didn’t take a photo of. I haven’t the foggiest idea of what I am going to make from these gorgeous pieces of anime fabric – I might take my cue from Clair and make a quilt (albeit a mini one) out of them ... not sure yet.

One of the pieces Clair sent me was this one which has these cute illustrations with such funny quotes on them.



I am so thrilled with these pieces of fabric. It was such a wonderful surprise parcel to get in the post.

Thank you so much Clair. *Hugs*

3 comments:

  1. Wow - hugely generous and such fun prints. Looking forward to seeing what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww shucks, now you've embarrassed me. ☺

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.